Home Yoga Practice With My Two Girls
Home Yoga Practice with my two girls…
People always ask,”How many classes do you teach every week?” And their reaction is always, “Wow you must be so fit!”
However those of you who come to my classes know that the most worked out muscles in my body are my vocal cords!! Most of my classes or workshops are spent talking to and adjusting my students.
A home practice is a very important part of my Yoga Practice, however with 2 beautiful little girls (9 months and 2 ½) it is not always the easiest or the most Zen like environment!
Here is a clip of my final yoga practice for 2013. This was done in my home studio with my two amazing daughters and Tara our dog.
Or click here http://youtu.be/7lOpXbS0JPE
Home Yoga Practice with My Two Girls
Home Yoga Practice with Children
For any mums out there who have decided that a regular home practice of any type of fitness is the number one priority for the 2014 New Years resolution’s here are my top tips…..
1. Prepare a safe, child friendly space with as few hazards as you can
2. Have plenty of distractions or toys at arms reach
3. Include your children, let them crawl or jump all over you.
4. Have a mat for them to copy your moves if they wish.
5. Chat to them throughout
6. Take it as it comes, have no expectations of what you will get done!
7. Even if you set aside 30 minutes and only get 5 minutes of practice completed, it is 5 minutes that makes you feel great!
8. Get on your mat and try it out
9. Teach your children yoga!
10. If all else fails, join a class