June – A Month of Self-Care
As we are well and truly into Summer now it is time to slow down and chill out as best as we can Everyone I meet seems so. effing. busy. and tired.
They’re juggling it ALL and they are desperate to feel energized. Our minds, bodies and spirits need some TLC. We need to nurture ourselves and harness the energy that is always inside of us.
A good self-care practice allows us to be more calm, present, trusting and it allows us to tune into our own needs and learn how to fulfill them.
Let’s try and make June a MONTH OF SELF-CARE.
Stuck for a few ideas… here are some to get you started:
- GET into a class with us here at MyWellbeing. Let us take care of the rest and ensure you leave feeling energised and ready to take on the world.
- Begin a journal – get out on paper whatever you have going on in that mind of yours. Better still begin a gratitude journal and count your blessings daily.
- Essential oils – our favorite here in the studio is Lemongrass.. scent is so powerful as are the healing properties and the energy they carry within them
- Take a cold swim in the sea… we have been keeping our cold dips going during the year including during winter and feeling the benefits of it ….a sea salt dip in our cold seas can be the perfect tonic to relax and slough off any old skin. Energetically it gives us the opportunity to be reborn in the salty waters! They say those who swim in the sea regularly look younger than their years 😉 Check out this cool documentary or have a read of this article.
- BREATHE…oxygenate your body by taking three deep breaths. Breathe into your abdomen and focus on a long slow exhalation
- Try a Womb Yoga class with us on Thursday evening …complete deliciousness…
- Sleep Sleep Sleep … even stealing 20 minutes for a nap if you can or maybe try a deep yoga nidra.
- Get Outdoors – nature is so healing…make the most of the long evenings…it is time for us to relax more, to be outdoors and love the warm weather. James Joyce remembered this too as he wrote the sensual Molly Bloom and her Leopold’s perambulations around summery Dublin!
- Buy yourself a crystal…. a big chunk of rose quartz ! Rose Quartz, with its gentle pink essence, is a stone of the heart, a Crystal of Unconditional Love. It carries a soft feminine energy of compassion and peace, tenderness and healing, nourishment and comfort. and gaze at it to remember the importance of love and most importantly SELF LOVE.
- Do a mini-declutter – Marie Kondo anybody?
- Be SELFISH – do something totally for yourself just because it makes you happy 🙂
- Digital detox – UNPLUG…even if just for an hour…free yourself from the constant notifications of social media and email
- Create a deliberate self-care habit – maybe it is coming to class with us or maybe it is just waking up a bit earlier to make yourself a good breakfast and ensure you are ready to seize the day
Whatever you do…try and make yourself & your self care a priority this month!