Mummy & Baby Yoga Classes Dublin 2
For babies from 6 weeks to crawling!
Tuesdays @ 2.30pm
New 5 week terms begin:
- Tuesday 28 May, €50
- Thursday 30 May, €50
New Term Dates Tuesdays:
New Term Dates Thursdays:
Please email or text in advance to check drop in availability 086 845 3864.
Tuesdays @ 2.30pm 19/3 BOOKED OUT
5 Weeks €50, Purchase here.
New Term: Book now for 23/4/13
Thursdays @1pm BOOK NOW
5 Weeks €50, Purchase here.
New Term: 21/3
Mummy & Baby Yoga Class
5 weeks €50
or drop in €15 per class
@ Dublin Holistic Centre
Babies from 6 weeks-1year
What is Mummy and Baby Yoga?
Mummy and Baby yoga is a one hour class designed to stretch and soothe mummies and babies. The class is primarily baby led, as in every class mummy has to respond to their babies changing demands. It is a great opportunity for new mummies to start a yoga practice in a supportive environment where they get to bring their babies along for some baby time too!
We spend half the class working on post natal yoga moves for mum. Stretching and strengthening tired muscles and half the class stretching out and playing with our beautiful babies. The class flows from mummy moves to baby moves and back and forwards to keep babies entertained!
Post Natal Yoga for Mummy?
Giving birth is a physically very demanding event that physically changes the mother. Regaining good posture after birth is very important. New mums need to take special care of the lower back. Post natal yoga classes start with gentle movements moving into flowing sequences to strengthen weakened and overstretched muscles.
Through Post Natal Yoga classes new mums can;
· Regain strength in the pelvis and abdominal regions
· Tone the body back into alignment, especially the spine and the hips
· Relive tension in the head, neck and shoulders
· Learn to self-nurture, so that mum can nurture and enjoy her baby
· Meet other new mums and their babies
· Babies are tired after class so mums get a few minutes of well-deserved deep relaxation
What is Baby Yoga?
Baby yoga classes, stretch and loosen babies who have been tightly curled into a foetal position for 9 months. It improves their coordination. Increases their bond with their mummies. Encourages them to explore their ability to move and discover their limbs. Baby Yoga classes also help with babies’ language development, as many moves are done to rhymes.
Benefits of Baby Yoga Classes?
· Improve your babies development
· Strengthen the bond with mummy and baby
· Introduce your baby to other mummies and babies
· Stimulate your babies digestive system
· Baby Yoga assist alleviate colic, constipation and digestive problems
· Relaxation for mummies and babies sleep after class
Please bring a blanket and toy for baby
Check out my latest article in the Irish Independent. Explaining the difference between Pregnancy Yoga and Pregnancy Pilates and preparation for labour and birth.